Are you one of the millions of people that suffer from arthritis pain. Here you will find home remedies that will help ease the pain. The word literally means “inflammation of the joint.”
There are more than 100 different kinds of arthritis. First, let’s take a look at 5 of the most common types.
Osteoarthritis is a form also known as Degenerative Joint Disease which affects 16 million Americans usually age 45 or older. More than half are 65 years and older. The cartilage in a joint, which serves as a cushion, breaks down. Usually the knees, feet, hips and/or fingers are affected.
Rheumatoid is the most debilitating form of arthritis is caused by the lining or synovial membrane of the joints being attacked by the immune system. When joint damage occurs it is extremely painful and deforming. Over 2 million Americans are affected by this disease while 3x more women than men. Usually the whole body is affected which leads to weight loss, possible anemia, fatigue, and complications with the heart, lungs and eyes.
Gout is a metabolic disorder where uric acid builds the blood and crystals form in the joints. Sudden attacks, usually in the big toe, can be severe. This form of arthritis affects about 1 million Americans, mostly men, usually starting between 40-50 years of age.
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a chronic inflammatory disease that affects the spine. Usually it affects the joints at the base of the spine where it joins with the pelvis. This form of arthritis affects about 318,000 Americans men between 16 and 40 years of age. Women are not affected as much as men.
Juvenile Arthritis affects about 200,000 Americans each year. The most common type is juvenile rheumatoid with symptoms being different in each person.
Lupus involves the skin, joints, muscles and sometimes the organs can be affected. This usually affects women and can be mild, very painful or even life threatening.
Well, now that we know about some different types of arthritis let’s look at some Home Remedies that are sure to help ease the pain and stiffness of this terrible disease:
- Drinking a cup of Pineapple juice everyday can reduce swelling and inflammation of the joints. The ingredient “bromelain” in the juice has anti-inflammatory agents.
- A tablespoon of apple-cider-vinegar mixed with a teaspoon of honey in warm water helps remove salt deposits from the joints. Drink a cup in the morning for a healthy start.
- Prepare a cup of celery (leaves and stalks) juice mixed with carrot juice to drink in the morning and a night. This will help break down calcium deposits that form on the joints.
- Asparagus, with seeds, is very beneficial for those who suffer with Gout. The seeds, along with fenugreek seeds and black cumin seeds mixed together are very good at relieving the pain. This can be sprinkled on or in foods.
- Sesame seeds, a tablespoon, can be soaked in water overnight and then eaten in the morning. Be sure to drink the water they were soaked in. This is a great preventative pain measure.
- Drinking herbal teas, especially those with liquorice (which can be added) relieve chronic joint pain.
- Exercise and swimming are very good therapy for people with joint pain. Combining the two can be even more therapeutic; such as walking or moving your arms and legs in the water. Remember that not all remedies will work for everyone. But, as you try them you are sure to find some that will help relieve the awful pain and stiffness from arthritis.
Credit: Priceless Home Remedies